Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory
Examine Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory
62 Discussions

Is there any demo or example for Intel Optane DCPMM with FPGA?

FPGAXiaoBai
Beginner

Hi,

I want to test whether Intel® Optane™  DCPMM can work well on Stratix 10 MX2100 FPGA (1SM21CHU2F53E2VG), but neither did I find any demo/example nor IP core for it. Could you please provide some information about those supporting files?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SteveScargall
Employee

Hello.

The Stratix 10 MX was released in 2017, 2 yrs before Optane Persistent Memory was released (2019), and doesn't support the DDR-T memory protocol that is required for PMem. The Stratix 10 DX does support Optane PMem. From the DX specifications:

"External Memory Interfaces (EMIF) = DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4, Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory, QDR II, QDR II+, RLDRAM II, RLDRAM 3"

From Pg 16 of the DX Device Overview:

"For the list of features available with the Intel DDR-T memory controller IP, see External Memory Interface and the DDR-T Memory Controller IP User Guide. For access to the DDR-T Memory Controller IP User Guide, contact My Intel support."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SteveScargall
Employee

Hello.

The Stratix 10 MX was released in 2017, 2 yrs before Optane Persistent Memory was released (2019), and doesn't support the DDR-T memory protocol that is required for PMem. The Stratix 10 DX does support Optane PMem. From the DX specifications:

"External Memory Interfaces (EMIF) = DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4, Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory, QDR II, QDR II+, RLDRAM II, RLDRAM 3"

From Pg 16 of the DX Device Overview:

"For the list of features available with the Intel DDR-T memory controller IP, see External Memory Interface and the DDR-T Memory Controller IP User Guide. For access to the DDR-T Memory Controller IP User Guide, contact My Intel support."

FPGAXiaoBai
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. There is a kind of board from another company which equips with Stratix 10 MX2100 FPGA while supporting Optane DCPMM. But I just noticed that this feature needs a customization request. Thank you for providing information about MX and DX. I will take a look on the details of these two products later.

0 Kudos