Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

240GB 535 Marvel drivers or Windows default for SSD Toolbox?

idata
Employee

So It's all about TRIM. Just try it and TRIM works with Win10 default SATA drivers. With latest marvel drivers toolbox can't use trim. In performance what will be better TRIM vs MARVELL?

Till I wait for Pro answer I try several tests, which show that W10 drivers and TRIM will perform better 2.6% + TRIM support, I hope this help for future.

Message was edited by: Simeon Georgiev adding screenshot.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello SimeonGG,

Thanks for posting in our forum. We understand you would like to know if it is better to use Marvell* drivers or Windows* default drivers.

What we can tell you about this is that we normally recommend to use TRIM with the operating system drivers, this to have the best performance from your SSD, as you pointed out already.

We do not comment on any third party drivers or controllers, this is most likely a question for the vendor of the controller design.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SimeonGG,

We are following up the thread and we would like to know if you have any other question or if you need further assistance. We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for answers. I am pleased, that such big "Intel", have time for us, home users. All the best!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SimeonGG,

It is our pleasure to be of your assistance. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos