Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

SSD Toolbox Error 10/106 after Windows 2004 Update

DFroh
Beginner

I've got a SSD Toolbox Error 10/106 one day after the Windows 10 / 2004 Update. I've used Toolbox 3.5.12 and 3.5.13.

Windows inbuild Trim works for the C drive.

The Toolbox is stopping with the 10/106 error when defragmenting the C partition at 4%.

My OS is Windows 10/64 Professional.

Possibly that the 530 SSD ist dated but i thought i want to post and ask anyway because the specs are looking good.

I append the Smart values ( images )

I also did perform both scans inside the Toolbox but everything seems to work normaly.

Best regards,

Dominik

0 Kudos
25 Replies
pjm
Novice

hi Josh B

I am not using an NVMe SSD or any NVMe driver at all, Microsoft or otherwise, yet had the error with my Intel SSD/Toolbox/Memory and Storage Tool

As per my previous reply (above), I'm using a DC S4610 Series 480GB, which is a standard 2.5" SATA SSD drive.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello pjm,

Thank you for your reply,

As mentioned in our previous post: The newest version of our tool will be released soon (we do not have an ETA for this), and it will address issues related to this feature.

We will like to know if you experienced any issue using the same tools in a previous version of Windows*?

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

0 Kudos
pjm
Novice

hi Josh B

as mentioned previously this did not occur on previous Windows builds/versions.

I also mentioned I have reverted to build 1909 and all products (hardware and software) are working without any faults or errors.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello pjm,

Thank you for your reply and the information provided,

We are glad to hear that all the tools are working as expected.

In this situation, our recommendation is to keep working with your current Windows* version until we release the newest version of our tools in the Downloadcenter.intel.com, and after that contact your OS OEM, in this case, Microsoft* and follow their indications on how to update your OS to the latest version to avoid any issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

0 Kudos
Happystse
Beginner

Hello Josh,

Further to yr latest reply regarding the above subject, I m also one of the users who is encountering the same problem after upgrading my OS Windows 10 Pro to version 2004. Since I can't roll back to the previous Windows version due to being deleted already before I discovered that problem, so I did install the latest version 3.5.14.400 of the SSD Toolbox for my SATA-Type Intel SSDSC2BW240A4 (530) to check whether the issue has been fixed or not, however, it hasn't yet. 

In the meantime, I did write the same to Microsoft feedback hub to reflect the problem being existed, but yet to receive any reply from them at the moment. 

Therefore, would you pls advise me of the up-to-date status on yr investigation & how the progress is for fixing the problem. 

Thks & regards

0 Kudos