Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

Slow read and write speed. HELP

FilipeMnds
Beginner

Hi!

I have bought 27 brand new SSDSC2KG076T8 for a ceph project. I also bought some SSDSC2KB480G8 to run the base OS. 

One of our project checklist is to make sure all hardware passes basic tests. During the verification of the disks, we noticed they do not perform as expected regarding the write and read speed. 

I am using these commands on Ubuntu 20:

Read: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=4k count=100000
Write: dd if=/dev/sdX of=/dev/null bs=4k count=100000

I suppose I should be getting the write and read speeds close to 550mbps, but I am getting about 360mbps average on write and 295mbps average on read.

I have tested other SSD's brands using the same dd command on the same machine and I can get good speed close to what is announced on the manufacturer. 

When I use Cyrstaldiskmark, then I can get good speed on the Intel disks.

I am not sure if the Intel disks are bad of if there is anything I could do to make them perform as expected, since the other SSD brands using the same machine and dd command perform as expected. Help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, FilipeMnds.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I see you need assistance with the previous Intel SSD NAND series, and I will be providing you with some information.

Intel®’s NAND Solid State Drive business was acquired by SK Hynix in November of 2020 and is now Solidigm™. Starting on October 1, 2022, all Technical and Warranty Support for NAND SSD products is provided directly by Solidigm™.

Please contact Solidigm Support directly:

- https://www.solidigm.com

The thread will be closed right now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, FilipeMnds.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I see you need assistance with the previous Intel SSD NAND series, and I will be providing you with some information.

Intel®’s NAND Solid State Drive business was acquired by SK Hynix in November of 2020 and is now Solidigm™. Starting on October 1, 2022, all Technical and Warranty Support for NAND SSD products is provided directly by Solidigm™.

Please contact Solidigm Support directly:

- https://www.solidigm.com

The thread will be closed right now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos