Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

Trim in RAID 0 using Intel SSD Toolbox on Windows 10

RKorw
Beginner
/message/326021# 326021 Trim in RAID 0 using Intel SSD Toolbox on Windows 10

Hello I bought and installed two new Intel SSD 3710 400Gb on RAID 0 and tried to trim these SSD by intel SSD Toolbox (3.5.0 latest) on windows 10 but it doesn"t work ...

I notice the following comment in the description of the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox:

NOTE: " Trim on RAID 0 is not supported on Windows 8* or Windows Server 2012*

Is this a temporary situation? Is any chance to support this issue?

what is more interesting : the same intel SSD Toolbox ( 3.5.0 latest ) works on the same RAID 0 ( 2x SSD intel 3710 400Gb) on windows 7 ...

Do you have any idea?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Korwin,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your concern regarding Trim on Windows(R) 10.

Please check the following information as per Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/ssdc/hpssd/sb/intel-ssd-toolbox-user-guide.pdf User Guide, section 4.2 pages 20 and 21:

• If your computer uses Windows 7 and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel®RST) 9.6 or later  

If your computer uses Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver version 9.6 or later, Intel SSD Optimizer is not required to run Trim. Intel® RST supports the Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Trim command, but for nonRAID/Storage Space configurations only.

The Intel SSD Optimizer can be used on a drive in a RAID array if all of the following conditions are true:

• The drives are configured as RAID0.

• Version 11.0 or later of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST) is installed.

• All drives in the RAID array are Intel SSDs that support Trim

• The array is healthy.

• The operating system is not Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012.

You don't require to run Trim on Windows(R) 10 because this is natively supported by the OS version and is normally enabled by default.

However, it is still not possible to run the Optimizer from Intel® SSD Toolbox with Intel® RST in RAID 0, under Windows* 8 / 8.1 / 10 and Windows* Server 2012.

You can find some additional information about TRIM in the following advisory:

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/CS-031242.htm Intel® High Performance Solid-State Drives — What are the Advantages of TRIM and How Do I Use It With My SSD?

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Korwin,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos