Intel® Optimized AI Frameworks
Receive community support for questions related to PyTorch* and TensorFlow* frameworks.

Where to begin: Applied Deep Learning With TensorFlow

Varadharaju__Nagaraj

Hello, 

I just joined course on Applied Deep Learning With TensorFlow. However its not clear on where to begin. The week1 material doesn't give enough instruction. Any help would be appreciated. I understand the software setup part. After that there are not enough details to start through the course - or am i missing something? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jianyu_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Nagarajan,

The course uses Jupyter as development & hand on training environment.
  So, Jupyter must be installed and running before the hand on practice.

Please following next steps:
  1. Install Jupyter in your python environment:
  pip3 install jupyter
  or
  pip install jupyter

Note:
      1. Please install it by pip based on python3 only.
      2. If the Tensorflow is installed in virtual environment by Anaconda, please install Jupyter & run in same virtual environment.

2. Startup Jupyter.
  cd XXX/idz_course/Intel-TF101-Class1
  jupyter notebook

Then, the jupyter server will be started up. And a web browser will be started up.

3. Entry Jupyter course.
  In the web browser page in preview step, the files in current folder will be listed.
  Please click Week1_Tensorflow_Fundamentals_HW.ipynb.

4. Run the codes in Jupyter file step by step.
   Please refer to Jupyter guide for this step: Running the Notebook (https://jupyter.readthedocs.io/en/latest/running.html)

5. If there is more issues of Jupyter installation & usage, please refer to official website (https://jupyter.org/index.html)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Varadharaju__Nagaraj

Thank you for your response. I will work on it and let you know for any further issues.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Could you please let us know if your issue is resolved?

0 Kudos
Varadharaju__Nagaraj

Hello,

I haven't tried the complete process. However i can understand the solution, please close the issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation.We are closing the case .Feel free to raise a new thread if you face any further issues.

0 Kudos