Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16636 Discussions

23.1 std MegaWizard disappear

SiWu
Beginner

I instatiate an ALTPLL. At the very beginning, I can set all the parameters, Output clocks. But later When I want to change some parameters, I can lanuch ALTPLL MegaWizard Plug-In Manager, when I go the the 3rd step(Output Clocks), it froze and disappeared in several mininutes. I try many times, the same happens. But If I use an earlier version 18.1.0625 std, everything is OK. So can anyone tell me why this happends in 23.1std and how to fix it? Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Hi,
it's a known bug, search forum for "23.1 pll".

According to Intel employe statement in one of the thread, a patch for 23.1 std has been released, but I didn't yet see it. Previous threads suggest to use 22.1 to generate PLL, also copying related Quartus files to 23.1 installation was reported as an (inofficial) solution.
I wasn't yet able to locate the bug in known Quartus issues, not sure if it's my fault.
0 Kudos
SiWu
Beginner

Thanks a lot! Hope this can be fixed soon.

0 Kudos
SiWu
Beginner

Acording to your suggestion, I seach forum for "23.1 pll", and I found a fix patch.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000098457.html

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Yes, it is a known issue and you are able to find the related KDB.

Let me know if the patch works for you.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
SiWu
Beginner

I installed this patch and so far it works well.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I'm pleased to know that your question has been addressed. 

Now, I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos