Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16629 Discussions

A problem with Quartus Programmer v10.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Anybody understand this error code??? 

Internal Error: Sub-system: PGMWQ, File: /quartus/pgm/pgmwq/pgmwq_device_dlg.cpp, Line: 343 

Invalid Initial family 

Stack Trace: 

0x5aaea: pgmwq_select_hardware_and_close + 0x8baa (pgm_pgmwq) 

0x635d0: pgmwq_select_hardware_and_close + 0x11690 (pgm_pgmwq) 

0x276c35: QWindowsXPStyle::styleHint + 0x2d5 (QtGui4) 

End-trace 

I was trying to change the frequency properties of an EEPROM device, but this message came up and the program stopped. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

usually there isn't enough information in the trace to gather any useful information. though yours does say Invalid Initial family 

can you provide steps to reproduce this and/or file an SR?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

usually there isn't enough information in the trace to gather any useful information. though yours does say Invalid Initial family 

can you provide steps to reproduce this and/or file an SR? 

--- Quote End ---  

well basically i plug in the usb blaster, atuo detect the device, and then double click on the device properties and thats when it crashes.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hm, i just tried the same on Windows and 10.0 and didn't get a crash. i am targeting an AIIGX, which device were you trying to use?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

hm, i just tried the same on Windows and 10.0 and didn't get a crash. i am targeting an AIIGX, which device were you trying to use? 

--- Quote End ---  

I wish i could answer that confidently!! I Dont know a lot about the device itself only that its An EEPROM(EP20K1000EFC672).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok this is as i was expecting. APEX 20K is a bit older of a family. i'm not sure which versions of the programmer supported it. try taking a look at the device support in older release notes to find APEX 20K: 

http://www.altera.com/literature/lit-rn-q2_archive.jsp
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

it still shouldn't have an Internal Error, so file an SR if you can

0 Kudos