Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16628 Discussions

Agilex 7 F-tile PCIe questa simulation failed

tthhuang
Beginner

Hello,

I followed ug20332 to generate F-tile PCIe example design and Questa simulation environment but get below error message, does any expert know the issue?

Best regards

** Note: (vsim-3812) Design is being optimized...
# ** Warning: (vopt-10587) Some optimizations are turned off because the +acc switch is in effect. This will cause your simulation to run slowly. Please use -access/-debug to maintain needed visibility.
# ** Error: ../../../../ip/pcie_ed/pcie_ed_syspll_inst/systemclk_f_300/sim/pcie_ed_syspll_inst_systemclk_f_300_p45yqwy.sv(1432): Module 'ctfb_avmm1_soft_logic' is not defined.
# For instance 'avmm1_ena_inst' at path 'pcie_ed_tb.pcie_ed.syspll_inst.syspll_inst.x_sip'
# ** Error: ../../../../pcie_ed_rp/ip/pcie_top/syspll/systemclk_f_300/sim/syspll_systemclk_f_300_p45yqwy.sv(1432): Module 'ctfb_avmm1_soft_logic' is not defined.
# For instance 'avmm1_ena_inst' at path 'pcie_ed_tb.dut_pcie_tb_ip.dut_pcie_tb.g_bfm.p_dut_ep.altpcietb_bfm_top_rp.g_bfm.u1.rp.inst.dut.syspll_inst.systemclk_f_inst.x_sip'
# Optimization failed
# ** Note: (vsim-12126) Error and warning message counts have been restored: Errors=2, Warnings=1.
# Error loading design
# End time: 16:40:36 on Apr 25,2024, Elapsed time: 0:01:58
# Errors: 2, Warnings: 1, Suppressed Errors: 2

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Intel. I'm assigned to support request.

I'll investigate and get back to you soon. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

May I know which Quartus version and Questasim version that you are using ?

Regards,
Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
tthhuang
Beginner

I use quartus 23.4 w/ questa2023.3, thanks.

0 Kudos
zutalors
Novice

You might want to check that the above is not due some earlier error (it says Errors: 2), search for Error from the top rather than from the bottom, or you can grep for all the Error in your simulation log file and leave out all the zero errors:

grep Error your-simulation-log-file | grep -v 'Errors: 0'

0 Kudos
tthhuang
Beginner

Hizutalors,

Thanks for suggestion, but I have check the log, all the two errors are listed below.

** Note: (vsim-3812) Design is being optimized...
# ** Warning: (vopt-10587) Some optimizations are turned off because the +acc switch is in effect. This will cause your simulation to run slowly. Please use -access/-debug to maintain needed visibility.
# ** Error: ../../../../ip/pcie_ed/pcie_ed_syspll_inst/systemclk_f_300/sim/pcie_ed_syspll_inst_systemclk_f_300_p45yqwy.sv(1432): Module 'ctfb_avmm1_soft_logic' is not defined.
# For instance 'avmm1_ena_inst' at path 'pcie_ed_tb.pcie_ed.syspll_inst.syspll_inst.x_sip'
# ** Error: ../../../../pcie_ed_rp/ip/pcie_top/syspll/systemclk_f_300/sim/syspll_systemclk_f_300_p45yqwy.sv(1432): Module 'ctfb_avmm1_soft_logic' is not defined.
# For instance 'avmm1_ena_inst' at path 'pcie_ed_tb.dut_pcie_tb_ip.dut_pcie_tb.g_bfm.p_dut_ep.altpcietb_bfm_top_rp.g_bfm.u1.rp.inst.dut.syspll_inst.systemclk_f_inst.x_sip'
# Optimization failed
# ** Note: (vsim-12126) Error and warning message counts have been restored: Errors=2, Warnings=1.
# Error loading design
# End time: 16:40:36 on Apr 25,2024, Elapsed time: 0:01:58
# Errors: 2, Warnings: 1, Suppressed Errors: 2

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

I am able to go through the simulation after clean up the environment,
Can you please try it again ?

If not you may try our golden pcie example design through link below
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/agilex/agf027-and-agf023.html

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
tthhuang
Beginner

Hi Wchiah,

Yes, it works now, thanks for your help.

Best regards

Victor

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi

Glad to hear you are able to resolved the problem.

Therefore following our support policy, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

If your support experience falls below a 9 out of 10, I kindly request the opportunity to rectify it before concluding our interaction. If the issue cannot be resolved, please inform me of the cause so that I can learn from it and strive to enhance the quality of future service experiences. 

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support is helpful, please feel free to give the best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos