Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16622 Discussions

Avalon Streaming clock crosser does not generate HDL without errors. It cannot find it's own .v file

tejaswiniitagi
Employee

I want to generate an Avalon streaming clock crosser and when I clock on generate there is an error that says the altera file is not found. Is this a tool error that the file does not exist?

Error: st_clock_crosser_0: /nfs/site/disks/crt_tools_048/altera/quartus_prime_pro/22.1.0.174/ip/altera/avalon_st/altera_avalon_st_clock_crosser/altera_avalon_st_clock_crosser.v (No such file or directory)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi,

Yean in PD, try to generate the HDL and the issue came out as described?

Can we have a quick call?

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

As per call, I can reproduce the issue, and indeed this is a tool bug.

Ill file to to developer for a fix and you may use AXI bridge as discussed.

0 Kudos
tejaswiniitagi
Employee

Actually I need clock converter from one frequency to another. The AXI bridge will not convert the clock. So I will need the clock crosser itself.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

This is legit bug during generation of hdl for this IP. I am reporting to to developer for fix.

0 Kudos
tejaswiniitagi
Employee

Can you please let me know when the fix will be done? I need to use the streaming clock crosser.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Developer is working on that , the suggestion is to use use avalon streaming handshake clock crosser

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi,

The developer mentioned that this IP will be discontinued and you may use the suggested IP and WA.

Let me know if there is any concern on this.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos
tejaswiniitagi
Employee

/nfs/site/disks/crt_tools_048/altera/quartus_prime_pro/22.1.0.174/quartus/eda/sim_lib/altera_mf.v
This file has compilation errors when used to compile for handshake clock crosser.

Can you please check if it compiles?

I'm getting the following error message 

is not a hexadecimal value