Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Block design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have one bit output q[7] and I want connect this output to bus B[7..0] in block design file. It is possible? If yes, how? When I try it (I connect output directly to bus), compiler get error "Width mismatch...." . Thank you for your reply...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, I have one bit output q[7] and I want connect this output to bus B[7..0] in block design file. It is possible? If yes, how? When I try it (I connect output directly to bus), compiler get error "Width mismatch...." . Thank you for your reply... 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

you have to specify the name for the connection wire. If your output is the MSB of the bus, 

you have to use B[7].
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for you reply. I try it (picture OK). It is OK? I have next problem, when I try connect only one bit to bus output (pictures KO). How made this? 

Scheme is absurdity. It is only for problem preview...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thank you for you reply. I try it (picture OK). It is OK? I have next problem, when I try connect only one bit to bus output (pictures KO). How made this? 

Scheme is absurdity. It is only for problem preview... 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

you have to name the output of the multiplier e.g. result[15..0]. After that you can split a bit from the bus by naming the net e.g. result[7]. 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks. This way is right? This solution in pin planer assign all outputs to pins. I want assign only output result[7]... Regards.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thanks. This way is right? This solution in pin planer assign all outputs to pins. I want assign only output result[7]... Regards. 

--- Quote End ---  

That should work. As long as only result[7] is defined as output. 

Kind regards  

GPK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

It might work. But do one thing, please remove the connection between result[15..0] name and result[7]. Hence it will take only one bit also it wont show you all [15..0] pins in assignment editor. 

Please see the attachment. 

Regards, 

Jigar G. Shah
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, I try it.

0 Kudos