Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16682 Discussions

Can't use Signal Tap II in Web Edition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am running the web edition of Quartus II 13.0sp1 on Ubuntu and trying to use Signal Tap II logic analyzer. I keep getting the following error whenever I try to compile: 

Error (265013): Can't open SignalTap II Logic Analyzer. Verify that the license file exists and is stored in the correct location. If you are using the Quartus II Web Edition software, you must turn on the TalkBack feature to use the SignalTap II Logic Analyzer. Error (12154): Can't elaborate inferred hierarchy "sld_hub:auto_hub" 

Steps I have taken to try to resolve this are getting a license file and enabling TalkBack. Here's what I have done specifically: 

• Click Tools >> Options >> Internet Connectivity >> TalkBack Options 

• Check "Enable sending TalkBack data to Altera", click OK 

• Click OK 

• Fill out form at https://www.altera.com/download/licensing/free_software/lic-q2web.jsp, using the NIC ID found in the License Setup dialog. 

• When email arrives, download license file, save it to Documents 

• Click Tools >> License Setup 

• Browse to license file and select it under the License file field 

• Click OK 

• Try to compile, still receive error. 

What am I doing wrong here? I have both configured the license and enabled TalkBack many times.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Web edition does not need license file. Just remove the license file from license setup, and try again. You just need to enable the TalkBack feature.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am running the web edition of Quartus II 13.0sp1 on Ubuntu and trying to use Signal Tap II logic analyzer. I keep getting the following error whenever I try to compile: 

Error (265013): Can't open SignalTap II Logic Analyzer. Verify that the license file exists and is stored in the correct location. If you are using the Quartus II Web Edition software, you must turn on the TalkBack feature to use the SignalTap II Logic Analyzer. Error (12154): Can't elaborate inferred hierarchy "sld_hub:auto_hub" 

Steps I have taken to try to resolve this are getting a license file and enabling TalkBack. Here's what I have done specifically: 

• Click Tools >> Options >> Internet Connectivity >> TalkBack Options 

• Check "Enable sending TalkBack data to Altera", click OK 

• Click OK 

• Fill out form at https://www.altera.com/download/licensing/free_software/lic-q2web.jsp, using the NIC ID found in the License Setup dialog. 

• When email arrives, download license file, save it to Documents 

• Click Tools >> License Setup 

• Browse to license file and select it under the License file field 

• Click OK 

• Try to compile, still receive error. 

What am I doing wrong here? I have both configured the license and enabled TalkBack many times. 

--- Quote End ---  

Did you try another non-GUI method in the kdb solution? 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd06202008_168.html 

To enable theTalkBack featureoutside the Quartus II GUI, follow thesesteps: 

1 Browse to the Quartus II software installation directory (version 1.1 or above). 

2 In the <Quartus II installation directory>/bin folder, execute qtb_install.exe. 

3 In the Enable tab, read the TalkBack Feature Notice. 

4 EnableTurn on the Quartus II software TalkBack feature then clickOK.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ubuntu is not a supported OS, can you try on other OS? But the kdb should be work as well

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus II web edition does not require any license file. Why don't you try to remove the license file (leave it blank) and just enable the talkback. Restart Quartus II and recompile.

0 Kudos