Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16636 Discussions

ERROR 129001 Input port DINFIFORX .... is not legally connected

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everybody, 

this is my first post .... so bear with me. 

I am having some compilation issues in Quartus. I tried googling and found no answers. I tried posing a service request but i cant. 

I am using 5CEBA2F17C6 cyclone VE. During my compilation i get this errors 

error (129001): input port dinfiforx on atom "lvds_control:lvds_init|lvds_sync:lvds_sync_init_top|lvds_deser_cy5:lvds_deser_inst1|altlvds_rx:altlvds_rx_component|lvds_deser_cy5_lvds_rx1:auto_generated|sd1", which is a cyclonev_ir_fifo_userdes primitive, is not legally connected and/or configured info (129003): input port dinfiforx[0] is driven by a constant signal, but the compiler expects this input port to be connected to a real signal 

error (129001): input port dinfiforx on atom "lvds_control:lvds_init|lvds_sync:lvds_sync_init_bottom|lvds_deser_cy5:lvds_deser_inst1|altlvds_rx:altlvds_rx_component|lvds_deser_cy5_lvds_rx1:auto_generated|sd5", which is a cyclonev_ir_fifo_userdes primitive, is not legally connected and/or configured 

info (129003): input port dinfiforx[0] is driven by a constant signal, but the compiler expects this input port to be connected to a real signal 

can some one tell me what this is and how to fix it. 

Thank you 

Regards
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Just in case anybody would stumble upon this problem: you cannot connect internal signals or constants to the inputs of the ALTLVDS_RX megafunction; the pins must be real LVDS pins of the FPGA.
0 Kudos