Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16689 Discussions

Error "Unknown device part" when start complete flow within jenkins

locke
Beginner

Hello,

I try to build our Arria10 project in all revisions within jenkins (on win11).

I've tried this with Quartus Prime Pro 21.2 and 23.4.

What I do is simply

quartus_sh.exe --flow compile <project> -c <revision>

But I always get an "unknown device part" error

Info: Command: quartus_ipgenerate --dni <project> -c <revision> --run_default_mode_op
Info: The application is running in 'DNI' mode.
Info: Found 70 IP file(s) in the project.
Info: Performing IP Generation using the command line: c:/intelfpga_pro/23.4/quartus/../qsys/bin/qsys-generate.exe {--family=Arria 10} --part=10AX027H4F34E3SG --block-symbol-file {--search-path=ip/**/*,$} --quartus-project=<project> --rev=<revision> --top-level-generation=true {--bypass-quartus-project } --clear-output-directory --synthesis=verilog --parallel ....
Info: Batch generation will generate the listed files in this order:  
Error: Unknown device part 10AX027H4F34E3SG 
Info: Finished generating IP file(s) in the project. Error: Quartus Prime IP Generation Tool was unsuccessful. 1 error, 0 warnings

The Arria10 devices support is definitely installed and this command works manually as local user.

So is there something missing in the environment?

Are the installed devices only available for the user who installed them (jenkins runs as a systemuser service) ?

I hope someone can help

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TingJiangT_Intel
Employee

If so, the root cause should be the license issue.

Please make sure the machine that the job lands on can access the license server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
TingJiangT_Intel
Employee

Have you set quartus related environment variable correctly? You can try other devices to see if the same issue occurs.

If you can use quartus locally, the problem will be caused by the remote server you are using.

0 Kudos
locke
Beginner

I just have these in the environment, and coudn't identify more/other Quartus-related envs for a local user

QSYS_ROOTDIR='C:\intelFPGA_pro\23.4\quartus\..\qsys\bin'
QUARTUS_ROOTDIR='C:\intelFPGA_pro\23.4\quartus'

0 Kudos
TingJiangT_Intel
Employee

You may try other example designs with different devices and check if all devices have this problem or only this one.

0 Kudos
locke
Beginner

Nice try, but others fail the same way for me

0 Kudos
TingJiangT_Intel
Employee

Hi there, I found a similar problem with a solution as follow. Please check if you have the same condition.

Description

Due to a problem with the FPGA add-on for custom platforms in the Intel® oneAPI software version 2021.2, this error might be seen when compiling an Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA SYCL kernel using the flat flow:

Error: Unknown device part 10AX115S2F45I1SG

Resolution

A patch is available to fix this problem for the Intel® oneAPI software version 2021.2. Download and install zip/tarball from the following links:

The zip/tarball directory structure should be relative to the FPGA install directory (eg. /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.2.0/linux/lib/oclfpga). 

1. Set file ownership to root (chown -R root:root).
  2. Set file permissions                        
  • chmod -R 755                   
  • chmod -R g-s

This problem is fixed beginning with the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software version 21.2 and Intel® oneAPI software version 2021.3. 

0 Kudos
locke
Beginner

Hi,

I know that patch and tried it already, but that doesn't change anything.

As I wrote initially, I have the same problem with newest 23.4 version. So it must be something else

But thanks anyway

0 Kudos
TingJiangT_Intel
Employee

Have you tried Cyclone 10 GX​? Dose it also has the same problem.

0 Kudos
locke
Beginner

Wow, thats interesting. This error doesn't happend for Cyclon10GX device, tried with 23.4.

(Build, of course, still fails, but due many incompatible setting & component in my Arria10 project.)

But what does that mean now?

Do we have a bug in Arria10 devie-support install-routine?

Or something due to license? (LM_LISCENSE_FILE env is set)

Can I somehow reinstall Arria10 device-support?

0 Kudos
TingJiangT_Intel
Employee

If so, the root cause should be the license issue.

Please make sure the machine that the job lands on can access the license server.

0 Kudos
locke
Beginner

You're right.

The env-variable LM_LICENSE_FILE is definitly needed here!

I tried that in past already, but had a typo in name :(.
Unfortunately there is no error message for this.

So finally this topic is solved, thank you!

0 Kudos
TingJiangT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos