Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16674 Discussions

FIR Compiler II ... Finish button grey-shaded

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I got a really silly problem. I have a Quartus Subscription Edition license for Linux and I try to generate a FIR filter with the Altera FIR compiler II but no matter what I do the Finish button us always grey-shaded and so I cannot generate the core. I experienced the problem with Quartus version 10.0 and so I downloaded version 11.0, hoping that it would not show the same behaviour but it did :( . Maybe somebody got a hint what might be missing? 

Besides messing with all the core parameters I tried with activating OpenCore plus Evaluation but this did not help. 

Best regards, 

flintstone
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

that's odd. so when you first open the core the Finish button is greyed out? i just tried on Linux 11.0 and it works fine, i've used it in the past on Linux and Windows 

what distro are you using?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, the finish button is always grey. My distro is OpenSuse 11.3. Another thing that I don't understand is that in the Input/Output Options page the Output Bit Widths do not change when I change the Input Bit Width ... I guess the output width should depend on the input width so maybe this is an indication that the whole plug-in is somehow broken on my machine. 

Regards 

flint
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

my output widths change when i change the input width. i'm using CentOS 5.4 

if you launch quartus from a command line, do you get any output to the terminal after opening the FIR II MegaWizard?
0 Kudos