Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

Modelsim - sdf files require Altera primitive library

yuandong
Beginner

Hi

I'm useing the modelsim to do an IC design process .  Now I have three file which are gate_level.v (came from DesignCompile) and library.v(came from vendor) and gate_level.sdf . After I start simulation in modelsim I got this error message :

FATAL : sdf files require Altera primitive library 

I go to check the library than I found that this Altera primitive library has already been compile and in my library location . 

I'm useing the Modelsim ALTERA STARTER EDITION 10.4b verion.

I'm doubt that this problem was cause by the modelsim version , would I solve this problem by change the version to modelsim_se or questasim ? or what should I do to solve it.

Many Thanks

Best Regrad

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VenTingT
Employee

Looking into your error message, we will need to have your design.qar for your modelsim design for us to duplicate the error. Without this design, it is hard for us to get to the root cause.

0 Kudos
VenTingT
Employee

Hi,

Any updates?

Best Regards,

Ven Ting

0 Kudos
yuandong
Beginner

Hi

I slove it.

Many Thanks
Best Regrad

0 Kudos
VenTingT
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ven Ting

0 Kudos