Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

Not able to do fitting design with Quartus 22.1

VSavi3
Beginner

Hi,

I am able to fit the attached design with Version 22.1std.0 Build 915 10/25/2022 SC Standard Edition.

However, I can fit the design with ease in Version 19.1.0 Build 670 09/22/2019 SJ Standard Edition

Please suggest what changes required to in settings file.

Attached qsf file (extension changed to .txt to attach here).

Regards,

Vikram

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
VSavi3
Beginner

The error I got with Version 22.1std.0 Build 915 10/25/2022 SC Standard Edition is

"Error (170011): Design contains 249203 blocks of type combinational node. However, the device contains only 227120 blocks."

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Vikram,

Can you attach the .qar file of your project? To generate this, go to Project>Archive Project.

.qar files for both 19.1 and 22.1 would be helpful for me to compare.

Thanks,

Nurina

0 Kudos
VSavi3
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

I can't include source files (.v files). Can you suggest me how to archive the project without including source files?

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Is this for confidentiality purposes?

Would you still need to do that if you send it to me through email?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
VSavi3
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

Yes its company confidential, I can't send out the source codes.

Apart from source files, is the any information from compilation space I can send you?

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Maybe we can work with the .qsf file and all the *.rpt files for both versions as a start.

Would it be possible to encrypt the source files? It would be difficult for us to provide support without the full design because there are many factors affecting the problem you're facing, such as .qsf settings, RTL code, logic lock assignments, etc. So with your full design we'd have the correct settings and environment required to reproduce your problem, hence we're able to make the correct comparison.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
VSavi3
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

I here with attached qsf and report files of both runs.

Let me know if there is some settings in 22.1 needs to be changed.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We have not received a reply from you. As such, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Feel free to open a new thread or login to ‘ https://supporttickets.intel.com ’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, feel free to rank your support experience by rating 4/5 survey. Please let me know of any inconvenience so that I may improve your future service experience.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Nurina W.

0 Kudos
VSavi3
Beginner

Hi,

I appreciate if you solve this issue.

Looks to me its some settings related in your new version of the tool.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos