Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Quartus II 7.2 Crashes

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm getting the following error trying to export a vector waveform file (.vwf) into a VHDL test bench file (.vht) in Quartus II 7.2 

Internal Error: Sub-system: TBO, File: /quartus/neto/tbo/tbo_common_vec_writer.cpp, Line: 512 

bus_port->has_type() 

Stack Trace: 

End-trace 

Quartus II Version 7.2 Build 151 09/26/2007 SJ Full Version 

It's familiar to you? 

Should i attach the .vwf file? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm pretty sure this is fixed in Q8.0SP1. That being said, if it doesn't work there, go to the website support and file a Service Request. This is just a forum for sharing ideas, so no one will actively resolve something like this.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This kind of erros are fixed by the Quartus II 7.2 Service pack 3? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, don't expect this one to be fixed in 7.2 SP3. 

Check whether you have the same name used as an individual pin and the name of a bus (for example, a single pin called my_pin and a bus called my_pin[7:0]). If you do, you'll have to fix that. QII 8.0 will give a regular error instead of an internal error, but you still have to fix the design.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Problem solved, 

Quartus II 7.2 crashes when the .vwf file contains nodes that doesn't exist in the design.  

It was my error. But quartus dies and it should not. 

thanks for the advices
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi: 

I'm glad you solved your problem.. However I highly recommend you move to 8.0 sp1. or possibly 8.1 when it comes out shortly.. 

(I know how frustrating it is to be told to upgrade everytime you have an issue). But 8.0 series definitely improved synthesis time dramatically, and it also improved the NIOS IDE build environment, significantly as well. 

My biggest gripe since I support multiple customers, each running different version of the Altera tools, is the rate of change on the tools is too high. But the 8.0 step was definitely a step in the right direction. 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, i'll take in count your advice

0 Kudos