Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16627 Discussions

Quartus Primitive Definition

humandude
Novice

How do I find the source code for some of the built-in Quartus primitives, namely the cycloneiii_ram_block primitive? Is this IP that is not available for the user? I have seen the "Entity ________ will be ignored because it conflicts with Quartus primitive name" message but I could never actually find where that primitive definition is (except for some simulation primitives in modelsim - which is not what I was looking for). 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Since there are no feedback for this thread and I believed I have answered your question.

I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

We do not provide source code for Quartus primitives. Changes the entity name to other name so that it does not conflict with the primitive name.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Since there are no feedback for this thread and I believed I have answered your question.

I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.