Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16636 Discussions

Signal Tap II - "Shot"-Aquisition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi folks, 

I dug myself through the Signal Tap II handbook for quite a while in order to find the spot where it tells me how to set up a trigger condition for getting "shots" of samples into my aquisition RAM. 

By "shots" I mean that only that sample of my data should be written into the aquisition RAM when both the clock edge is present and the trigger condition is true. After that, (-> trigger condition = false) the sampling stops until the next true trigger condition.  

So, my short question is: Is that possible?  

I am quite sure that it is not possible with the basic trigger conditions. But in the chapter about advanced trigger conditions it is said: ". . . enables you to capture data when a particular combination of conditions exist.". This sounds a little bit like that what I am looking for. 

Nevertheless, up to now, I was not able to set up Signal Tap II to work as I would wish to. 

Regards, 

Maik
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Maik 

I'm not sure about the advanced trigger features of signal tap II, never used them, but the rest of it is very easy and works great, find an easy tutorial
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hmm... good question. 

Have you tried the "segmented" feature? E.g., next to the checkmark it says "512 1 sample segments." Sounds like exactly what you need, no? I've never tried it myself, however.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Also, kiamur, if you're going to be doing more research on signaltap, can you tell me what, exactly, "trigger out" does?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

the tip about segmented buffers maybe the solution to my problem. I try to figure that out. 

Thanks, 

Maik
0 Kudos