Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16617 Discussions

Simulation error on ModelSim: Instantiation of 'fiftyfivenm_pll' failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am trying to simulate a very simple design on ModelSim 10.5b that uses an LVDS Megafunction. When I click on simulate I get the following error: 

# ** Error: (vsim-3033) (private path)/LVDS_sim/LVDS.v(273): Instantiation of 'fiftyfivenm_pll' failed. The design unit was not found.# Searched libraries:# (private path)/simulation/modelsim/rtl_work 

What am I doing wrong/is missing? As the LVDS is a Megafunction block that I did not edit, I guess the problem must be something else. 

Thanks in advance and best regads, 

Javiwolf
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I doesn't look like you've included the pre-compiled libraries for the Altera specific components you're using. 

Refer to the "performing a functional simulation with the modelsim-altera software (http://quartushelp.altera.com/15.0/mergedprojects/eda/simulation/modelsim/eda_pro_msim_func_sim.htm)" Quartus help page for some pointers. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I included a library called fiftyfivenm and that error is gone but now I get a number of errors like these ones: 

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-10000) (private path)/LVDS_sim/LVDS.v(306): Unresolved defparam reference to 'lvds_rx_pll' in lvds_rx_pll.clk0_divide_by. 

# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: (private path)/I_LVDS File: (private path)/LVDS_sim/LVDS.v 

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-10000) (private path)/LVDS_sim/LVDS.v(307): Unresolved defparam reference to 'lvds_rx_pll' in lvds_rx_pll.clk0_multiply_by. 

# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: (private path)/I_LVDS File: (private path)/LVDS_sim/LVDS.v 

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-10000) (private path)/LVDS_sim/LVDS.v(308): Unresolved defparam reference to 'lvds_rx_pll' in lvds_rx_pll.clk0_phase_shift. 

Are there more pre-compiled libraries missing or is it a different problem? Is there any way to add all the pre-compiled libraries instead of adding them manually? I guess it's not always so obvious to know which one to add as in the case of fiftyfivenm and it tooke me long to add them all manually to get rid of that kind of error. 

Thanks a lot and best regards, 

Javiwolf
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you using the 'right' version of ModelSim - i.e. the version that shipped with the version of Quartus you're using? 

A script (a .do file in ModelSim) would allow you to add all the libraries. However, you don't need to although you might need to add the "fiftyfivenm_atoms.v" library too. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos