Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16667 Discussions

Time Quest RSKM_REPORT Command

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

TQ is giving me this message when I run the rskm_report. 

Info: No dedicated SERDES Receiver circuitry present in device or used in design 

I do have an LVDS receiver instantiated on my design so I'm not sure what I'm missing. 

Regards, 

Rob
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I should have mentioned I will be using either a Cyclone 3 or 4 device.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I believe we need to separate between the concept of lvds and serdes. 

lvds is about the io voltage aspect (Rx or Tx) 

serdes : serialser/deserialiser with associated pll etc.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Right, I have a SERDES receiver implemented using a PLL. Actually I use the ALTLVDS_RX MF

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In that case, well you know you are using it so either the tool is lieing or that the serdes is implemented in another way ! I actually have the same warnings in my system with 32 serdes instantiated (serialisation factor 2:1) but Timequest says no serdes used. I just ignore it.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to figure out my RSKM by using TQ and the rskm_report command. So I suppose that if TQ won't report it, then I have use the Tsu and Thld times reported by TQ to calculate the RSKM. 

RSKM = (TUI - SW - TCCS)/2 

TUI : Time Unit Interval 

SW : Sampling Window 

TCCS: Transmitter channel to channel skew 

Tsw = Tsu + Thd + PLL jitter
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just checked the resource section and realised that in my case the serdes were implemented as ddio.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I'm trying to figure out my RSKM by using TQ and the rskm_report command. So I suppose that if TQ won't report it, then I have use the Tsu and Thld times reported by TQ to calculate the RSKM. 

RSKM = (TUI - SW - TCCS)/2 

TUI : Time Unit Interval 

SW : Sampling Window 

TCCS: Transmitter channel to channel skew 

Tsw = Tsu + Thd + PLL jitter 

--- Quote End ---  

Well, if that is the relevant equation then it should work out correctly if you have correct tSU/tH at the input pins. The tSU/tH will be correct if you have entered tCO of external device for set_input_delay's (+effect of board delays).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Rob, The report_rskm and report_tccs TimeQuest reports are only valid for devices that have the SERDES implemented in hard silicon (e.g. Stratix families). The Cyclone families use DDIO and logic to implement the SERDES, and therefore cannot use these commands. In the Cyclone families, these interfaces are times using the standard micro-model timing just like any other standard I/O interface.

0 Kudos