Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16639 Discussions

USB Blaster driver issue Windows 8.1 Pro

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just got a DE0 board from Terasic and I have been unable to program the board through Quartus II or through the included control panel application. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro and using the Quartus II Web Edition software (version 13.1). I have been able to install the USB Blaster driver (after disableing driver signature enforcement) it just does not seem to be working. I have been unable to find a solution on google so any help would be appreciated. :)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

does the USB-Blaster shows up in the QuartusII programmer window (Hardware Setup, upper left)? 

Do you get any faliure message when trying to start programming like "Device ID not found" or anything like this or does just "nothing happens"? 

Is the ALTERA JTAG server running (Win8.1 => services)? 

As I'm not familiar with the DE0 board, I'm not sure if the "stand alone" USB-Blaster LED is implemented. This should light up when you try to program...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The USB-Blaster shows up in the programmer but when I try to program my board it gives the error (20914): conf_done pin failed to go high in device 1. I checked and the JTAG server is running. Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That case I doubt the Problem being related to the USB blaster. I think you've already checked Settings (if any Switches or Jumpers are in the DE0) and also the device being the right one. This sounds like an issue with the board Hardware.  

Does Quartus II programmer identifies the FPGA with Autodetect in JTAG mode? 

I assume the board Comes with some example files included - do these fail also?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Autodetect identifies the device as an EP3C16 the chip on the board shows up as an EP3C16F484 when i do not use Autodetect (which is what it is) I have not been able to program the board with the example that came with it. If the problem is the hardware then i guess i'll just contact Terasic about it. Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos