Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16636 Discussions

helloworld execution error on pico m506

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello! 

I'm using Picocomputing m506 board  

I have a problem with execution Altera OpenCL helloworld example. 

I have this output when i'm truing to run host app: 

Querying platform for info: ========================== CL_PLATFORM_NAME = Altera SDK for OpenCL CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR = Altera Corporation CL_PLATFORM_VERSION = OpenCL 1.0 Altera SDK for OpenCL, Version 13.1 Querying device for info: ======================== CL_DEVICE_NAME = m506 : m506 CL_DEVICE_VENDOR = Pico Computing CL_DEVICE_VENDOR_ID = 4466 CL_DEVICE_VERSION = OpenCL 1.0 Altera SDK for OpenCL, Version 13.1 CL_DRIVER_VERSION = 13.1 CL_DEVICE_ADDRESS_BITS = 64 CL_DEVICE_AVAILABLE = true CL_DEVICE_ENDIAN_LITTLE = true CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_CACHE_SIZE = 32768 CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_CACHELINE_SIZE = 0 CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE = 8589934592 CL_DEVICE_IMAGE_SUPPORT = false CL_DEVICE_LOCAL_MEM_SIZE = 16384 CL_DEVICE_MAX_CLOCK_FREQUENCY = 1000 CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS = 1 CL_DEVICE_MAX_CONSTANT_ARGS = 8 CL_DEVICE_MAX_CONSTANT_BUFFER_SIZE = 2147483648 CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_ITEM_DIMENSIONS = 3 CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_ITEM_DIMENSIONS = 1024 CL_DEVICE_MIN_DATA_TYPE_ALIGN_SIZE = 128 CL_DEVICE_PREFERRED_VECTOR_WIDTH_CHAR = 4 CL_DEVICE_PREFERRED_VECTOR_WIDTH_SHORT = 2 CL_DEVICE_PREFERRED_VECTOR_WIDTH_INT = 1 CL_DEVICE_PREFERRED_VECTOR_WIDTH_LONG = 1 CL_DEVICE_PREFERRED_VECTOR_WIDTH_FLOAT = 1 CL_DEVICE_PREFERRED_VECTOR_WIDTH_DOUBLE = 0 Command queue out of order? = false Command queue profiling enabled? = true Using AOCX: hello_world.aocx PCIe-to-fabric read test failed, read 0xffffffff after 4 attempts CvP fallback to SOF failed hello_world: acl_pcie_device.cpp:90: void pcie_linux_signal_handler(int, siginfo_t*, void*): Assertion `s_device_map.find(info->_sifields._rt.si_sigval.sival_int) != s_device_map.end()' failed. Aborted (core dumped) 

Some info:  

I'm using CentOs 6.5 

I have successfuly installed quartus + altera opencl sdk 13.1 

aocl diagnostic successfuly passed
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A couple of questions: 

1) Did you recompile the kernel file for that board? The hello world design example doesn't come with a pre-compiled hello world image so you might be attempting to use a pre-compiled .aocx file for a different board. 

2) Assuming you did# 1 did you remember to target the Pico board? This is how you would compile the OpenCL image file: aoc hello_world.cl --board <board> I'm not sure what the name of the pico board is to pass in as <board> but you can find the name by running aoc --list-boards.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Problem solved. 

It was bug with CvP, Picocomputing make update to BSP and flash.pl script. After this, hello_world example has run successfull. 

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Problem solved. 

It was bug with CvP, Picocomputing make update to BSP and flash.pl script. After this, hello_world example has run successfull. 

Thank you! 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Breaknus, 

I have a similar problem with you. Can you specify how you solved this problem? Thank you!! 

Yuxuan
0 Kudos