Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16692 Discussions

the simulation and animated signals in Quatrus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello all 

i wanted to ask if its possible to do the simulation in Quantus 2 that can show you the flew signal through the logical gates i mean tracking the signals , (not like in the wave form just see the status of the inputs and outputs).. 

thx
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you need to use modelsim, and whats wrong with a waveform?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

its ok with waveform , i just needed to see the flow of signals through the module , and see the gates how they behave in input and output signals..can u tell me all the possible simulations that can i have from modelsim ? 

thx in advance ..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you can add any intermediate and internal signals to the waveform.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello again..i"m trying to install the directory of the modelsim in eda Options , but it seems like there is no directrory named Modelsim_ae/bin.. 

is that related with bad instalation of quartus? or i cant use the modelsim in web version 

thx
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

hello again..i"m trying to install the directory of the modelsim in eda Options , but it seems like there is no directrory named Modelsim_ae/bin.. 

is that related with bad instalation of quartus? or i cant use the modelsim in web version 

thx 

--- Quote End ---  

Modelsim "Altera Starter Edition" is the free version of Modelsim. Its a separate download from Quartus.  

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thx for response

0 Kudos