Intel® Rendering Toolkit
Receive answers to your big data visualization questions from community peers and Intel experts.
29 Discussions

Unable to setup TurboVnc and Get otp in oneapi

eratron
Beginner

Hello..

I Was attempting the steps in the guide : https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/get_started/renderingToolkitSamples/

It Went smoothly till i ran : 

/opt/TurboVNC/bin/vncserver -otp

I Ran in it DevCloud.. I Have Client Installed in my Windows 

But I get this error 

u219941@login-2:~$ /opt/TurboVNC/bin/vncserver -otp
-bash: /opt/TurboVNC/bin/vncserver: No such file or directory
u219941@login-2:~$

Whats Wrong ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi @eratron ,

Thanks for the interest and the link/reference.

Unfortunately, the VNC section of that documentation is targeted toward the beta timeframe of IDC and VNC forwarding is no longer available. New document owners are resolving that documentation.

Onboarding alternatives:

A previous user observed some similar issues... if you happen to run VNCserver on your own (non-Developer Cloud) environment, locally for any reason, I provided some tips in that thread.

If the above alternatives don't help resolve your issue, can you describe your goal? Perhaps we can find another, non-VNC, path.

Note the similar thread from this morning.

Thanks,

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
eratron
Beginner

Is there any way that I can access the GUI of DevCloud Now ? I would like to use GUI application in DevCloud.. It would be fine if i could access it in Vnc or anyother thing... 

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi @eratron,

Unfortunately, there is no windowing nor GUI software available from developer cloud. Thus for IRTK GUI features of programs like ospExamples, vklExamples, ospStudio, and embree gui based programs, you'll need to run those on a system you administrate.

Note that ospStudio does have a headless (GUIless), batch mode available via command line toggle.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos