Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Can't install sgx add-in to VS2019

pheles
Beginner

Hello, Im quite new to Intel SGX development.  Currently I'm trying to build the environment to debug and compile my code however I'm not able to eventhough I installed SGX SDK. As I understood there should be an enclave project option while creating a new project but I don't seem to have it. Do I have add the files manually? Would anybody care to help? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello pheles,

Refer to Unable to Manually Install the Visual Studio* 2019 add-in from the Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows*

1. Rename Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_SDK_2.12.100.4.exe to Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_SDK_2.12.100.4.zip.
  2. Double-click the .zip file and navigate to the installs subdirectory where you will find the .vsix files.
  3. Extract the .vsix files.
  4. Double-click SEWizardVS2019.vsixClick Next if necessary.
  5. Double-click SEConfigureVS2019.vsixClick Next if necessary.
  6. Change the extension of the .zip file back to .exe and install the SDK as usual.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello pheles,

Refer to Unable to Manually Install the Visual Studio* 2019 add-in from the Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows*

1. Rename Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_SDK_2.12.100.4.exe to Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_SDK_2.12.100.4.zip.
  2. Double-click the .zip file and navigate to the installs subdirectory where you will find the .vsix files.
  3. Extract the .vsix files.
  4. Double-click SEWizardVS2019.vsixClick Next if necessary.
  5. Double-click SEConfigureVS2019.vsixClick Next if necessary.
  6. Change the extension of the .zip file back to .exe and install the SDK as usual.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

pheles
Beginner

Hello again! Thank you so much for the help it did the trick!

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

This thread has been marked as answered and Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.

0 Kudos