Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Linux PSW 1.7 fails to install

Rafal_W_
Beginner
My OS is Ubuntu 16.04.1. The 1.7 SGX driver installs correctly. The PSW install however fails. More specifically, the aesmd service fails to run because it can't find libprotobuf.so.8. All the necessary prerequisites mentioned in the installation guide are installed, including libprotobuf-dev and libprotobuf-c0-dev. The problem seems to be that those prerequisites install a newer protobuf version (there's libprotobuf.so.9 in the system). I have tried installing protobuf 2.5 (from source), but then aesm can't find some symbols in the libprotobuf.so.8 binary: sgx aesm_service[10923]: /opt/intel/sgxpsw/aesm/aesm_service: symbol lookup error: /opt/intel/sgxpsw/aesm/aesm_service: undefined symbol: _ZN6google8protobuf8internal12kEmptyStringE Any ideas?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Marcell_F_
Beginner

I had the same issue and ended up installing Protobuf 2.5 from a DEB installer rather than from source 
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libprotobuf8

0 Kudos
Prabu_R_Intel
Employee

Currently the supported version of Ubuntu is 14.04 not 16.04.  The protbuf incompatibility is a known compatibility issue with 16.04 which will be addressed at a later time.

0 Kudos