Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.
1453 Discussions

Measuring enclave memory consumption hangs in sgx_create_enclave

Jan_P_
Beginner

Hello,

I have a minimal win32 console application(64bit) that successfully loads my enclave(64bit) and performs ecalls. As soon as I measure the memory consumption using sgx_emmt.exe(64bit) the execution hangs most probably on sgx_create_enclave. The command I execute is: "sgx_emmt.exe myapp.exe". 

In my console app I call sgx_create_enclave synchronized by std::mutex. Could this be a problem when sgx_emmt.exe tries to load and measure my enclave?

Br,

JAn

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anusha_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Did you follow the below three conditions

1.The enclave should be a debuggable enclave. This means that the <Dis-ableDebug> configuration parameter in the enclave configuration file should be set to 0.
2.This tool requires the enclave debug information. The enclave module should generate the debug information (/Zi/ZI/Z7 and /DEBUG) at build time.
3.The enclave should be launched in debug mode. To launch the enclave in debug mode, set the debug flag to 1 when calling sgx_create_enclave to load the enclave.

0 Kudos