Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

SGX launch enclave

gu_j_1
Beginner

Hi, 

How does SGX windows SDK launch an enclave?

I think it will first launch the Launch Enclave with le.signed.dll, and then use this Launch Enclave to launch other enclaves. Is this right?

When I use sgx_create_enclave interface with le.signed.dll, the return value(error number) is 0x2001. So, how to launch the Launch Enclave?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Surenthar_S_Intel

Update:

Intel SGX SDK for Linux* OS open source project is now live at:  https://01.org/intel-softwareguard-eXtensions

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dan_Zimmerman
Employee

Hi Gu,

There is no need to load the launch enclave directly.  The SGX Platform Software (PSW) handles that for you when the "Intel SGX AESM" service loads during Windows boot.  If you are having trouble loading your built enclave with sgx_create_enclave(), check that you have installed the PSW  and the "Intel SGX AESM" service is running.  

cheers,

Dan

0 Kudos
gu_j_1
Beginner

Hi Dan,

Do you mean that the launch enclave is alive from windows' start up to shutdown?

Can I do some ecalls to it? That's to say, how to know it's enclave id and how to know it's interface.

I am very interesting about it. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Derek_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Gu,

As Dan mentioned the Intel SGX AESM service is started during Windows boot and should persist until shutdown.

The "Untrusted Library Functions" and "Trusted Libraries - > Platform Services Functions" sections of the SDK Users Guide include the public interface functions supported by the AESM service.

In addition, the Sample Applications demonstrate the use of these services.  

0 Kudos
Pete_M_
Beginner

Dan and Derek,  are you aware of how developers can handle the Launch Enclave in Linux?

0 Kudos
Surenthar_S_Intel

Currently, there is no publicly available version of a SGX SDK for Linux.  Stay tuned for more information coming in late Q2/Q3 timeframe.

0 Kudos
Surenthar_S_Intel

Update:

Intel SGX SDK for Linux* OS open source project is now live at:  https://01.org/intel-softwareguard-eXtensions

0 Kudos