Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.
1453 Discussions

What packages are included in the .bin installer of Intel SGX PSW?

hatena75
Beginner

Hello,

I am attempting to use ref-LE. So I followed ref_le.md  and ran $make psw_install_pkg BUILD_REF_LE=1.  I then ran the installer for the .bin file, what modules are included in this installer? (e.g. libsgx-launch, libsgx-ae-pce)

Also, is there any way to check it, I could check it with $dpkg --list for deb packages, but not for the .bin file installer.

Sincerely,

hatena75

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi Hatena,

There are quite a few modules included in the SGX PSW. A few can be found in the Github repo. The main modules are ae, uae_service, urts. Each main module has different modules that can be found in each of the respective makefiles.

Sincerely,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
hatena75
Beginner

Hi, Sahira

Thanks for the reply, I understand that not only the AESM service is installed, but also a set of other libraries.

Can't the PSWs installed in .bin be used in conjunction with the PSWs in the deb package? For example, when I try to install libsgx-qe3-logic_*.deb from DCAP's QuoteGenerationLibrary using the dpkg command, I get the error message Package libsgx-urts is not installed. My understanding is that libsgx-urts is already included in the PSW installed with .bin.

Sincerely,

hatena75

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi Hatena,

Is there a reason you are trying to mix PSW libraries from different packages? Please send us exact reproduction steps so we can better understand the issue.

Sincerely,

Sahira

0 Kudos