Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

index 1 in tdxtcbcomponents

UsamaS
Beginner

In the "Get TDX TCB Info" flow (https://api.portal.trustedservices.intel.com/documentation#pcs-tcb-info-tdx-v4), step 4 states: 

"For the selected TCB level verify that SVN at index 1 in tdxtcbcomponents array matches the value of SVN at index 1 in TEE TCB SVNs array (from TD Report in Quote). In case of a mismatch the selected TCB level should be rejected as TCB Info that was used for the comparison is not supported for this platform configuration." 

My question is: 

What is so special about index 1 that it requires an equality check? What does index 1 represent? Typically all SVNs have a non-equality check (>=) as in step 3 (a,b,c). 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi UsamaS,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Let me check with the relevant team and get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi UsamaS,

Thanks for your patience. I just received the updates as follow.

This index 1 SVN is the TDX Module major version. Originally, there was only 1 TDX 1.0 module, so the SVN had to match. Now that we have TDX 1.5 coming, it has a new major version, so the logic has to change, and those steps will also. The API doc will be updated soon to reflect this.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi UsamaS,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided answer. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos