Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT)
For questions and discussion on Intel® Trusted Execution Technology

TXT driver usecase

Shigeyoshi_O_Intel

Hello,

Would someone tell me what is the intended usecase for "TXT driver" like below? Doesn't just enabling TXT in platform ensure the platform secure?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19238/intel-trusted-execution-engine-intel-txt-driver-for-windows-10-windows-11-for-nuc7cjy-nuc7pjy.html

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Shigeyoshi_O_Intel,

Please see below the information I got from engineering:

One of Windows 11 requirements is Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0 [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications]. On NUC7CJ/NUC7PJ we meet this requirement by Intel® Platform Trust Technology (sometimes referred as firmware TPM or fTPM) and this implementation requires OS driver. On Gemini Lake platform (codename of the CPU that we have in NUC7CJ/NUC7PJ) TXE driver also plays its role in the enablement of Protected Content playback (HDCP, Protected Audio Video Path, Play Ready, etc). Best practice is to always have the latest set of drivers installed on your system.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello OTS, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Shigeyoshi_O_Intel,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, unfortunately, I am still trying to get a solid answer to your question, in the meantime, can you please let me know if your question is for TXT or for TXE?

The implementation differs based on the product (vPro / non-vPro) so I would appreciate it if the question scope can be reduced from general to something more specific.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Shigeyoshi_O_Intel

Hello Ronny,

Thank you so much for your reply. If I understand correctly, TXE is a firmware to realize TXT. Both are same in this context. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

I'm interested in non-vPro envirionment.

Regards,

Ohara

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Shigeyoshi_O_Intel,

Thanks for your response. I will continue with the investigation and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Shigeyoshi_O_Intel,

Please see below the information I got from engineering:

One of Windows 11 requirements is Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0 [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications]. On NUC7CJ/NUC7PJ we meet this requirement by Intel® Platform Trust Technology (sometimes referred as firmware TPM or fTPM) and this implementation requires OS driver. On Gemini Lake platform (codename of the CPU that we have in NUC7CJ/NUC7PJ) TXE driver also plays its role in the enablement of Protected Content playback (HDCP, Protected Audio Video Path, Play Ready, etc). Best practice is to always have the latest set of drivers installed on your system.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Shigeyoshi_O_Intel

Hi Ronny, Thank you so much for the answer. I really appreciate your help!

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your response. Since you marked the previous response as a "solution" I would like to know if you agree to close this thread.

I will be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance.

If so, please let me know.

Regards,
Deivid A.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos