Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
82 Discussions

iPhone photo format

Parbek
Beginner

Hi

I'm really pleased with the way Intel Unison works to get photos from my iPhone to my computer, without having to go via paid cloud storage such as iCloud or Google Drive. 

The received files work perfectly for most situations, but when I try to import them into certain other applications, the file format is reported as invalid.

The applications I have trouble with include CEWE and Corel Videostudio, where 99% of photos are rejected. I've added an image showing an error message from Videostudio.

For other applications (e.g. Windows Photos, Amazon Photos) the images are accepted without any problems.

I've found that running the photos through a conversion program can solve the problem so it would be nice if this functionality could be included directly in Intel Unison :). 

The software I've tried is XnConvert, and I've also attached an image showing my selected conversion settings.

Pre-conversion Error.png

XnConvert Settings.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hellon Parbek, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

I will discuss your concern with our engineers since it seems to be a request for additional features in the Unison App.

I will post the response on this thread once it is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Parbek, 

Thank you so much for patiently waiting for our response. 

May we know the list of file formats that fail to transfer using the Intel Unison app from phone to PC or from PC to phone? 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.,

0 Kudos
Parbek
Beginner
Thanks for looking into this for me. I have the problem with both .jpg and .mov files from my iPhone.
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Parbek, 

Thank you so much for the response.

Highly noted. I'll let our engineers know regarding your response, and once I have their update, I'll post it in this thread.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos