Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*
595 Discussions

Errors in Compiler Option intel oneAPi DPC++ but not in Intel c++ compiler classic

Ed2005
Beginner

Dear All,

I have recently moved to intel oneAPI and try to compile my old codes.   I selected intel oneAPI DPC++ as the option in Visual Studio 2022.

I encountered the a number of compiler errors messages:

1) E1389 redeclaration cannot add dllexport/dllimport to "ldexpf" (declared at line 710 of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.22000.0\ucrt\corecrt_math.h") Spartacus C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2023.2.0\windows\compiler\include\math.h 703

2) Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error use of undeclared identifier 'ios_base' Spartacus C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\fstream(64,79): 1

3) Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error no template named 'basic_streambuf'; did you mean 'basic_filebuf'? Spartacus C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\fstream(166,30): 1

4) Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error circular inheritance between 'basic_filebuf<_Elem, _Traits>' and 'basic_filebuf<_Elem, _Traits>' Spartacus C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\fstream(166,30): 1

5) Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error no template named 'basic_streambuf' Spartacus C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\fstream(168,19): 1

6) Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error no template named 'codecvt' Spartacus C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\fstream(169,19): 1

7) Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error only virtual member functions can be marked 'override' Spartacus C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\fstream(179,50): 1

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error unknown type name 'string' Spartacus C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\fstream(300,31): 1

9) Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error unknown type name 'wstring' Spartacus C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\fstream(327,31): 1

10)Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error no template named '_Identity_t' Spartacus C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\fstream(344,15): 1

Some of these errors are repeated few times.

I found that most of the errors point to the fstream header.

I then set the compiler option to intel c++ compiler classis is Visual Studio.  The codes were somehow compiled successfully and work as intended.

The fstream header in external resources for both compiler options is the same file.  So it is probably not the header files but something else.

Could anyone point me to the right direction one how to get this issues resolved on intel oneAPI DCP++ compiler, please?  There must be something that needs to be configured or change in my code to get it works. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VaishnaviV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Intel communities.

Could you please share us the following details so that we can investigate your issue more thoroughly,

1.     Sample reproducer

2.     Steps you have followed

3.     Are you using the latest oneAPI version?

Thanks & Regards,

Vankudothu Vaishnavi.

0 Kudos
VaishnaviV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please provide us with the details we have asked for?

Thanks & Regards,

Vankudothu Vaishnavi.

0 Kudos
VaishnaviV_Intel

Hi,

As we haven't heard back from you. We are going ahead and closing this thread. If you have any issues, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Vankudothu Vaishnavi.

0 Kudos