Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*
599 Discussions

Intel C++ Compiler complains on multiple definitions

Alvaro_Palma_Aste

I'm trying to compile a software using ICPX, Intel(R) oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler 2023.0.0 (2023.0.0.20221201).

ICPX seems to have some symbols redefined v/s an external library I'm using (over which I don't have control hence can't change), so, to avoid the issues, I'm attempting to add -Wl,-z,muldefs or -z muldefs as options to the ICPX command line. However, when doing so, ICPX complains in both cases:

icpx: fatal error: -z muldefs: 'linker' input unused [-Wunused-command-line-argument]

(I've also turned -Wfatal-errors on my project).

So, my question is: How would then be the proper way to pass arguments to the linker? 
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Intel forums.

Could you please provide us with the sample reproducer code and steps to reproduce the issue at our end?

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

As we did not hear back from you, could you please provide us with the details asked in my previous post?

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance please post a new question.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos