Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2166 Discussions

compile / configuree HDF5 v. 1.12.2 with Intel Fortran; compiles etc., but uses GNU compiler

hjm_els
Beginner

General Problem:

When trying to compile / configure HDF5 v. 1.12.2 with the Intel compiler it does so, however, with the GNU compiler

Operating System: Linux Mint 20.2

script run for compile etc.:

sudo su

source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

FC=mpiifort

FCFLAGS="-I/opt/intel/oneapi/mpi/2021.7.0/include -L/opt/intel/oneapi/mpi/2021.7.0/lib/release -L/opt/intel/oneapi/mpi/2021.7.0/lib -g -fPIC -O3 -xsse4.2 -lgfortran -nofor-main" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/hdf5/1.12.2 --enable-parallel --enable-fortran --enable-build-mode=production

make

export I_MPI_FABRICS=ofi

make check

make install

Some output:

file config.log

checking for config linux-gnu... found

compiler 'mpicc' is GNU gcc-9.4.0

compiler 'mpif90' is GNU gfortran-9.4.0

compiler 'g++' is GNU g++-9.4.0

However from the command line:

mpif90 -v

mpif90 for the Intel(R) MPI Library 2021.7 for Linux*

Copyright Intel Corporation.

Using built-in specs.

COLLECT_GCC=gfortran

COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/lto-wrapper

OFFLOAD_TARGET_NAMES=nvptx-none:hsa

OFFLOAD_TARGET_DEFAULT=1

Target: x86_64-linux-gnu

My suspicion:

Possibly something is bad with the Intel installation (worried about COLLECT_GCC=gfortran), but may well be something else.

So I ask:

Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The HDF Group offers several levels of support services, including documentation and the HDF Forum, the HDF Help Desk's Service Desk and email support, and support packages and consulting

Best bet as they have an email service. The chances someone here used such an obscure pacakage is limited.  Go to the experts.  

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

I'm moving this to the HPC Toolkit Forum. That's the best place for MPI questions.

0 Kudos