Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

C vs Fortran documentation

Weeks__John
Novice

Using MKL in C 2020 update 2

In looking for C documentation for the ?ggevx family of eigenvalue routines, I found that my headers didn't match the documentation. I finally figured out that my headers are C headers for the Fortran routines; if I look at the MKL C documentation, I find LAPACKE_?ggevx() with quite different calling signature.

A quick scan of the C documentation didn't give me an overview of this LAPACKE set of functions. Where would I find it? Is this the preferred way to call from C/C++?

Thanks. I feel like I'm going to be embarrassed when I get the answer, but I'm too old to care

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There are three ways to call MKL Lapack routines from C:

1.  Call the Fortran callable routine, keeping in mind that your C call should pass arguments in the same way as Fortran does;
  2. The LapackE C interface with work arrays allocated, used and de-allocated inside MKL, and
  3. The LapackE C interface with work array related arguments in the argument list.

For details, see the MKL documentation .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There are three ways to call MKL Lapack routines from C:

1.  Call the Fortran callable routine, keeping in mind that your C call should pass arguments in the same way as Fortran does;
  2. The LapackE C interface with work arrays allocated, used and de-allocated inside MKL, and
  3. The LapackE C interface with work array related arguments in the argument list.

For details, see the MKL documentation .

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

and you may find out many of such examples into mklroot\examples directory

0 Kudos
Weeks__John
Novice

Thank you to you both, and apologies for the late reply. 

0 Kudos