Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6974 Discussions

C# wrapper examples not working... need help pls

Janene_Pappas-mccril
I'm attempting to run the C# wrapper examples on my machine, Windows-7 VS 2010 installed. I need to eventually integrate a good FFT library into my product and this one was recommended, but I can't get the examples to run in VS. I can run the examples from the VS Command Prompt, but need is to integrate the MKL libraries into my C# project. Attempts to add the DLL's to my VS2010 C# project are completely ignored/unsuccessful.

What do I need to do to use this library? I thought this would be an easy evaluation based on other engineers recommendations, but if I can't get the examples to work, I'll have to go elsewhere.

Janene
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel
Janene,
Have you tried to run dfti_d1.cs exampleshowing how to call the Intel MKL FFT dfti() function?
You can get it from this KB.
--Gennady

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Janene,
Have you tried to run dfti_d1.cs exampleshowing how to call the Intel MKL FFT dfti() function?
You can get it from this KB.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
Janene_Pappas-mccril
Gennady,

Yes, I have succeeded in getting the example to run, in VS2010 and in the VS command prompt. I'm thrashing on building a DLL that includes the needed files to put into my own product. Do I need to do this?

I'm confused by the statements on the examples pages that seem to conflict with the instructions.

The page you cited says "Custom DLL is also built by the MKL C# examples makefile." but I find no DLL created by the makefile after running nmake.

The page that included the examples files for the 10.3 versions says "The Intel MKL library named mkl_rt.dll can be called directly from C# code." I cannot add that DLL as a reference in my project. I've put the dlls in my project's bin directories, but they aren't working correctly.

Thanks for your reply,

Janene
0 Kudos
Janene_Pappas-mccril
Update to this... I've taken the code from the examples and put it directly into my project, setting the project to allow unsafe code. The code now works. But this is ugly and I'd vastly prefer packaging the MKL interface class into a separate DLL.

Janene
0 Kudos