Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Can't extract examples

pascalm
Beginner

Hi,

I installed mkl-intel using the arch linux package. I don't have any of those fancy IE's intel provides, so no idea about those.

For some reason, the examples aren't included in the package of arch. So I downloaded them here: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/download/776979.html

1. the file size of the downlaoded filze is different to what's on the homepage

2. a checksum would be nice

3. tar zxvf ipsxe2019-samples-lin-20190327.tgz

results in:

tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

So where can I find a working example collection? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

On my Windows 10-64 PC, I downloaded the tar.gz file from the link that you provided, and listed the contents of the archive using tar tvzf <name_of_file>, and the listing looked normal. The size of the file is 93,816,368 bytes, which agrees with the value 93.82 MB on the Intel download page. Here are two checksums:

Posix CRC32:

R:\>cksum ipsxe2019-samples-lin-20190327.tgz
3525140160 93816368 ipsxe2019-samples-lin-20190327.tgz

MD5:

R:\>md5sum ipsxe2019-samples-lin-20190327.tgz
fab5867c74a2bcece6004bf39187a2f3 *ipsxe2019-samples-lin-20190327.tgz

Gennady_F_Intel

The same with me: I checked these examples, downloaded and unzipped on my local systems, and all folders and examples ( including mkl, compiler, tbb, ipp and etc...) available there.

the question is - what examples are looking for? if You are interesting in mkl's examples, then I would recommend You to look at the which you could find out into the product version of mkl where you may see a hundred of different examples.

The ipsxe2019-samples-lin-20190327.tgz contains 2 samples only.

Gennady_F_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

View solution in original post