Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Developing FFT's in parallel using Fortran 90

Angel_Vergara
Beginner
Hi everyone!!!

I'm working in fortran 90 and I need to paralelize the FFT's routines, someone could tell me where can I find some examples or documentation about it??

thanks

Angel
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Have you got chance to check MKL DFTI interface? The sample code is located at MKL installation folder examplesdftfsource

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Angel,
as an additional info, I'd recommend to look at the KB article to shows different parallelization techniques for MKL FFT: "http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/different-parallelization-techniques-and-intel-mkl-fft/"
--Gennady

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Why doesn't this article recommend the mkl_sequential library for the cases where threading is to be controlled outside MKL?
0 Kudos
VipinKumar_E_Intel
Quoting - tim18
Why doesn't this article recommend the mkl_serial library for the cases where threading is to be controlled outside MKL?

Yes, the user can either use the sequential MKL libs or set MKL_SERIAL to YES when he/she uses multithreaded MKL libs and the threading is done outside MKL. We will update the article soon.

Thanks,
Vipin
0 Kudos