Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Duplicate libguide without reason?

mhermanns
Beginner
Hi to all,

I'm using MKL 10 together with PARDISO 3.2 (downloaded from their webpage) and I'm linking both of them dinamically in order to avoid the duplicate libguide problem. My program uses OpenMP only to read the number of threads to pass as an argument to PARDISO. The machine is a Harpertown quad core Xeon and it runs with linux. The link command I use is (extract from the Makefile):

FC := ifort -O3 -r8 -xT -traceback
LIBS := -L ../lib/x86_64 -lpardiso_INTEL_91_EM64T_P -lskit -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core

@$(FC) -module ../obj/ $^ $(LIBS) -openmp -o ../bin/HOMER

I have copied all the sheared MKL libraries to a new directory called ../lib/x86_64 for convenience. The problem I experience is that during execution of the program, when I stop it using Ctrl+C sometimes I get the error message:

OMP abort: Initializing libguide.so, but found libguide.so already initialized.

I have tried a lot of things to solve the problem without success. Does somebody have an idea of what is going on or how to solve it? I would not be worried about it if I would not get poor parallel performace of PARDISO.

Thanks in advance for the help and happy new year

Miguel

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mhermanns
Beginner
I forgot to mention that I already contacted the PARDISO team and that they were a little bit surprised about the poor parallel performance I was getting (2.7x speedup for 8 cores). Before bothering them more I want to make sure that the problem is not somewhere else.

Thanks again and greetings from Spain,

Miguel
0 Kudos
grant8
Beginner

Hi,

Sometimes MKL libs will try to link themselves statically to libguide without you asking them to. For example, see here:

http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/CS-021240.htm

Maybe you can try a similar linker switch and check if you still have the problem.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
michael84smith
Beginner
Quoting - grant8

Hi,

Sometimes MKL libs will try to link themselves statically to libguide without you asking them to. For example, see here:

http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/CS-021240.htm

Maybe you can try a similar linker switch and check if you still have the problem.

Cheers,

Try to use this iTune duplicate library in this case. It has many functions so as far as I know it'll help here.
0 Kudos
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - mhermanns
FC := ifort -O3 -r8 -xT -traceback
LIBS := -L ../lib/x86_64 -lpardiso_INTEL_91_EM64T_P -lskit -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core

@$(FC) -module ../obj/ $^ $(LIBS) -openmp -o ../bin/HOMER

I have copied all the sheared MKL libraries to a new directory called ../lib/x86_64 for convenience. Miguel

Miguel,

(1) what about your LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting? Does it point to single and correct version of libguide/libiomp5?
(2) you copied all shared (means also threading/RTL libs?) and linked all other MKL libs. Which (what's your selection of threading libs?

A.
0 Kudos