Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Error in docs for mkl_sparse_?_sp2md

AlexWikner
Beginner

Hello,

I have found an error in the documentation for the Fortran version of mkl_sparse_?_sp2md at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-fortran/top/blas-and-sparse-blas-routines/inspector-executor-sparse-blas-routines/inspector-executor-sparse-blas-execution-routines/mkl-sparse-sp2md.html.

The incorrect function call in the docs is:

stat = mkl_sparse_?_sp2md (transA, descrA, A, transB, descrB, B, alpha, beta, C, layout, ldc )

The correct function call from mkl_spblas is:

stat = mkl_sparse_?_sp2md (transA, descrA, A, transB, descrB, B, alpha, beta, layout, C, ldc )

Note that the "C" and "layout" arguments are flipped.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Alex,

oneMKL 2022.2 has been released.

I am going to close this thread.

Should you have any question relating to oneMKL, please do not hesitate to create new threads.

Best regards,

Khang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Spencer_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Alex,

Thanks for letting us know.  It looks like the issue might actually be in the mkl_spblas.f90 file, not in the FORTRAN documentation.  Having "layout" after "C" parameter is the correct way, and consistent with the C APIs.  

Best,

Spencer

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Alex,

Just like Spencer has said, there is nothing wrong with the documentation. We will modify the mkl_spblas.f90 file match with that of the Fortran documentation.

Best,

Khang

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Alex,

The fix will be in the upcoming release of oneMKL, 2022.2.

Best regards,

Khang

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Alex,

oneMKL 2022.2 has been released.

I am going to close this thread.

Should you have any question relating to oneMKL, please do not hesitate to create new threads.

Best regards,

Khang

0 Kudos