Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6957 Discussions

Fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mkl_intel_c_dll.lib'

VRaghavan
Beginner

Hi,

I am currently using Visual Studio 2019 Community edition with oneAPI 2022 toolkit for fortran compilation. When running the code, I get the error, "Fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mkl_intel_c_dll.lib".

INSTALLATION:

I installed both the base as well as the HPC toolkit for the oneAPI, and I believe these toolkits are always in 32 bit (I tried finding 64 bit installation packages, but cannot find it. Regarding the Visual Studio 2019, I installed the 64 bit package for both the community edition along with Build tools (Desktop development with C++). What I did read in some posts, is that Visual Studio 2019 is pre-dominantly 32 bit with some dependencies utilizing the 64 bit system. In my case, C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/2022 is empty, which tell me that all the files regarding Visual Studio installed on my system utilize the 32 bit configuration.

TRIALS:

I tried searching for the mkl_intel_c_dll.lib, but it is not present in my system (I checked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\latest\lib\intel64). I read many posts where it is mentioned that installing the base package of oneAPI should install this .lib file, but that does not seem to happen. Furthermore, I also read multiple posts where the discrepancy between Visual Studio not being 64 bit was an issue, which is why I installed the 64 bit version.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this error?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Intel Communities.

I tried searching for the mkl_intel_c_dll.lib, but it is not present in my system (I checked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\latest\lib\intel64).

>>Could you please check the below path for the presence of mkl_intel_c_dll.lib in it.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2022.1.0\lib\ia32

I tried finding 64 bit installation packages, but cannot find it. 

>>Please find the below link for oneAPI Basetoolkit 64bit installation.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit-download.html?operatingsystem=window&distributions=webdownload&options=online

For complete installation guide, please refer to the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-intel-oneapi-base-windows/top.html

Kindly get back to us if you need any help.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Has the information provided helped? Kindly let us know if we could close this thread at our end.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
VRaghavan
Beginner

Yes, this was helpful! 

Regards,

Vaibhav

0 Kudos
VRaghavan
Beginner

As an extension for this, is it possible to use Visual Studio code with the intel fortran compiler?

Regards,

Vaibhav

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

As an extension for this, is it possible to use Visual Studio code with the intel fortran compiler?

below link. Could you please let us know if that's what you needed or else kindly get back to us with

>>VSCode extensions for Intel oneAPI Toolkits can be installed which were mentioned under the further details.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=intel-corporation.oneapi-extension-pack

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
VRaghavan
Beginner

Thanks a lot! This works well.

Regards,

Vaibhav

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Vaibhav,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos