cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikhil_T
Novice

How do I link oneMKL with Visual Studio 2019

Jump to solution

I have started to used oneMKL in VS 2019. I changed the setting in solution properties of  Use oneMKL to Parallel. However when I #include "mkl_sycl.hpp", it says cannot open source file "mkl_sycl.hpp".

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
RahulV_intel

Hi @Nikhil_T ,

Do you have any updates?

Let us know if your query is resolved.

Thanks,

Rahul

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Kindly specify your oneAPI toolkit version, OS, and VS19 version. Please note that some of the header files have been moved (to a different directory) or renamed in the latest oneAPI release.

Give it a try with the latest MKL code samples located under:

oneAPI_root/mkl/latest/examples/examples_sycl.zip

You may rely on the Intel MKL link line advisor tool to check what all libraries are recommended for your application:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/components/onemkl/link-line-adviso...

Thanks,

Rahul

Nikhil_T
Novice

How do I use the link line? Is it for the CLI execution?

Also, how do I use the oneMKL in parallel mode in VS 2019?  My Version for VS 2019 is 16.8.3.

RahulV_intel

Hi,

To set MKL mode to parallel:

• Open the property pages of your project.
  • Select Intel libraries for oneAPI on the left column and double click on use oneMKL under the Intel oneMKL tab to change the MKL mode to parallel/sequential/cluster.

RahulV_intel_1-1611826310093.png

oneMKL may also require additional library dependencies for your application to run. Kindly include these additional dependencies as suggested by the link line advisor tool.

To include additional dependencies:

• Open the property pages of your project.
  • Select the Linker tab on your left column and click on Input.
  • Type in the additional dependency libraries. (mkl_core_dll.lib, mkl_tbb_thread_dll.lib)

RahulV_intel_0-1611826589523.png

Thanks,

Rahul

RahulV_intel

Hi @Nikhil_T ,

Do you have any updates?

Let us know if your query is resolved.

Thanks,

Rahul

View solution in original post

RahulV_intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. Intel will no longer monitor this thread. Further discussions on this thread will be considered community only.

Regards,

Rahul