Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

How to run PARDISO examples?

mandrew
Beginner

Hello,

I am having some trouble running the PARDISO examples on my intel Macbook. I have tried the following command

make lib32 function=pardiso_unsym_f

and I get the following response:

ranlib ../../lib/32/libmkl_solver.a
make pardiso_unsym_f.res EXT=a _IA=32 RES_EXT=lib
mkdir -p ./_results/intel_parallel_32_lib
ifort -w -I../../include -fpp source/pardiso_unsym_f.f -L/Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32 /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32/libmkl_solver.a /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32/libmkl_intel.a /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32/libmkl_intel_thread.a /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32/libmkl_core.a /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32/libmkl_intel_thread.a /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32/libmkl_core.a /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32/libguide.a -lpthread -lm -o _results/intel_parallel_32_lib/pardiso_unsym_f.out
source/pardiso_unsym_f.f(72): (col. 7) remark: LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
source/pardiso_unsym_f.f(75): (col. 7) remark: BLOCK WAS VECTORIZED.
source/pardiso_unsym_f.f(100): (col. 7) remark: LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
source/pardiso_unsym_f.f(127): (col. 7) remark: LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32:/Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/10.0.2.018/lib/32:/opt/intel/fc/10.1.014/lib; _results/intel_parallel_32_lib/pardiso_unsym_f.out >_results/intel_parallel_32_lib/pardiso_unsym_f.res
Message Catalog System: corrupt file.Message Catalog System: corrupt file.Message Catalog System: corrupt file.forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image PC Routine Line Source
pardiso_unsym_f.o 002C7F57 Unknown Unknown Unknown
pardiso_unsym_f.o 002C73F3 Unknown Unknown Unknown
pardiso_unsym_f.o 0029E41E Unknown Unknown Unknown
pardiso_unsym_f.o 0027D326 Unknown Unknown Unknown
pardiso_unsym_f.o 00283EC3 Unknown Unknown Unknown
libSystem.B.dylib 9315F09B Unknown Unknown Unknown
Unknown FFFFFFFF Unknown Unknown Unknown

Stack trace terminated abnormally.
make[1]: *** [pardiso_unsym_f.res] Error 174
make: *** [lib32] Error 2

Does anyone know what the problem might be here? I would really appreciate some input.

Thanks,

Mandrew

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Interesting

What Fortran compiler version do you use? ( ifort v ?)

Is this 32 or 64 compiler?

--Gennady

0 Kudos
mandrew
Beginner

Gennady,

The compiler is for a 32 bit machine:

Intel Fortran Compiler for applications running on IA-32, Version 10.1 Build 20080312 Package ID: m_fc_p_10.1.014
Copyright (C) 1985-2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

The interesting thing is that I was able to run the examples on another machine (64 bit Mac Pro) using the same procedure.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Lunev
New Contributor I
Quoting - mandrew

Gennady,

The compiler is for a 32 bit machine:

Intel Fortran Compiler for applications running on IA-32, Version 10.1 Build 20080312 Package ID: m_fc_p_10.1.014
Copyright (C) 1985-2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

The interesting thing is that I was able to run the examples on another machine (64 bit Mac Pro) using the same procedure.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I see such message "Message Catalog System: corrupt file.Message Catalog System: corrupt file.Message Catalog System: corrupt file.forrtl: severe".

More likely you need to re-install your compiler. Fortran runtime library is corrupted. It's the serious problem.

-Vladimir

0 Kudos
mandrew
Beginner

Hi Michael,

I see such message "Message Catalog System: corrupt file.Message Catalog System: corrupt file.Message Catalog System: corrupt file.forrtl: severe".

More likely you need to re-install your compiler. Fortran runtime library is corrupted. It's the serious problem.

-Vladimir

Vladimir,

Thanks for the assistance - I reinstalled the (updated) versions of the Intel Fortran Compiler and Math Kernel Library and everything appears to be working fine.

Mandrew

0 Kudos