Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6957 Discussions

I am not able to get any node for computation from ubuntu terminal

SSabu
Beginner

From 2-3 days, I am not getting any node for computation , even after waiting for 1-2 hours. And, I am able to access terminal on jupyter notebook. Can you please assist me in knowing why I am unable to get node from ubuntu terminal?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aswathy_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Are you trying 'qsub -I' to get the compute node. If so, please try it once again and confirm. If the issue still persist, please share the command used and the screenshot of the issue.

0 Kudos
SSabu
Beginner

Hi,

I tried both variations- "qsub -I" and "qsub -i -l walltime=24:00:00"

it just doesn't respond for 1-2 hours. And after 2 hours, I get the broken pipe message.

2019-07-15.png

Thanking you

0 Kudos
Aswathy_C_Intel
Employee

Please try with 'qsub -I' only.

Could you please share the screenshot with 'qsub -I'.

If you want to run a job for 24hrs, you can set the wall time inside the job file you want to submit.

Please find a sample python file(test.py) submission.

1.vi job

2.Add the following in job file and save.

#PBS -l walltime=24:00:00

cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR

source activate YOUR_ENV

python test.py

3.Run as 'qsub job'

4.To see the status, use 'qstat'.

0 Kudos
SSabu
Beginner

I already told you, I have tried both cases and I am having the same problem. Same error is coming.

Please look for solving the problem.

0 Kudos
Aswathy_C_Intel
Employee

We could not recreate your issue from our side. PFB the screenshot.case0466642.JPG

Let's continue the discussion over email.

0 Kudos
Aswathy_C_Intel
Employee

As per the discussion over email, we are closing this thread. Please raise another thread for new issues.

After case closure, you will receive a survey email. We appreciate it if you can complete this survey regarding the support you received.

0 Kudos