Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSabu
Beginner

I am not able to get any node for computation from ubuntu terminal

From 2-3 days, I am not getting any node for computation , even after waiting for 1-2 hours. And, I am able to access terminal on jupyter notebook. Can you please assist me in knowing why I am unable to get node from ubuntu terminal?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aswathy_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Are you trying 'qsub -I' to get the compute node. If so, please try it once again and confirm. If the issue still persist, please share the command used and the screenshot of the issue.

SSabu
Beginner

Hi,

I tried both variations- "qsub -I" and "qsub -i -l walltime=24:00:00"

it just doesn't respond for 1-2 hours. And after 2 hours, I get the broken pipe message.

2019-07-15.png

Thanking you

Aswathy_C_Intel
Employee

Please try with 'qsub -I' only.

Could you please share the screenshot with 'qsub -I'.

If you want to run a job for 24hrs, you can set the wall time inside the job file you want to submit.

Please find a sample python file(test.py) submission.

1.vi job

2.Add the following in job file and save.

#PBS -l walltime=24:00:00

cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR

source activate YOUR_ENV

python test.py

3.Run as 'qsub job'

4.To see the status, use 'qstat'.

SSabu
Beginner

I already told you, I have tried both cases and I am having the same problem. Same error is coming.

Please look for solving the problem.

Aswathy_C_Intel
Employee

We could not recreate your issue from our side. PFB the screenshot.case0466642.JPG

Let's continue the discussion over email.

Aswathy_C_Intel
Employee

As per the discussion over email, we are closing this thread. Please raise another thread for new issues.

After case closure, you will receive a survey email. We appreciate it if you can complete this survey regarding the support you received.