Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

Incorrect results returned by cblas_zhemv and cblas_zgerc

xearthl
Beginner
I've found in my work that cblas_zhemv and cblas_zgerc will return incorrect results in some cases when incX and incY are not set to 1. I'm using MKL 10.2.2.025 and link to mkl_solver.lib, mkl_intel_c_dll.lib, mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib, mkl_core_dll.lib in the folder ia32. Is this a known issue? You may find a typical case in the attached .cpp file.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - xearthl
I've found in my work that cblas_zhemv and cblas_zgerc will return incorrect results in some cases when incX and incY are not set to 1. I'm using MKL 10.2.2.025 and link to mkl_solver.lib, mkl_intel_c_dll.lib, mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib, mkl_core_dll.lib in the folder ia32. Is this a known issue? You may find a typical case in the attached .cpp file.

xearthl,
yes, this an known issue and this issue has been already fixed. The fix will available the nearest update ( MKL 10.2 Update 3) coming soon.
we'll inform you about that through this tread and/or see the announcement on this forum.
--Gennady

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Koldakov__I
New Contributor III

Hi xearthl,

Thank you for the detailed test. It's very useful to understand the problem.

-Vladimir

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - xearthl

xearthl,
yes, this an known issue and this issue has been already fixed. The fix will available the nearest update ( MKL 10.2 Update 3) coming soon.
we'll inform you about that through this tread and/or see the announcement on this forum.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

xearthl,
--Gennady

Hello xearthl,
Intel MKL 10.2 Update 3 is now available.
The problem discussed into this tread has been fixed into this update.
Please see the Intel MKL 10.2 Update 3 is now available announce. You can find there the link to the Intel registration center to download
Could you please let us know if the problem is still exists?
--Gennady
0 Kudos