Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) is a highly optimized, extensively threaded, and thread-safe library of mathematical functions for engineering, scientific, and financial applications that require maximum performance. The Intel MKL 10.3 Update 2 packages are now ready for download. Intel MKL is available as a stand-alone product and as a part of the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011, Intel C++ Studio XE 2011, Intel Composer XE 2011, Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011, Intel C++ Composer XE 2011, and Intel Cluster Studio 2011. Please visit the Intel Software Evaluation Center to evaluate this product.
The new Intel MKL 10.3 Update 2 release provides the following:
- BLAS: Improved performance of transposition functions on the Intel Xeon processor 5600 series
- BLAS: Added examples for transposition routines
- FFT: Added Fortran examples showing how to reduce application footprint by linking only functions with the desired precision
- FFT: Added check for stride consistency on in-place real transforms with CCE storage
- FFT: Expanded threading to new cases for multi-dimensional transforms
- VSL: Improved performance of Multivariate Gaussian random number generator for single- and double-precision on 4-core Intel Xeon processors 5500 series
- VML: Improved performance of in-place operation of Add, Mul, and Sub functions on the Intel Xeon processor 5500 series
- Bug fixes
- Note: A patch will soon be available for the *TRMV bugdescribed here.